Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Great Escape

So if you have read from the previous posts, I went on a two week vacation. Though the second week was me chaperoning a bunch of middle schoolers at a camp. The First week I went to the beach with my boyfriend and family. It was amazing. The beach was beautiful and clear, and the moon on the water was absolutely phenomenal. It was nice relaxing before going to see a bunch of middle schoolers.

Finally, the week has come. Time to go to the camp Great Escape. I have to say, I didn't like the first night in the dorms where we were staying. Stupid boys and air horns. Anyway, there was wonderful speakers. Ben Glen was my favorite (look him up).
 The best part was seeing my girls have so much fun and seeing 5 of the 9 come to Christ. I'm so proud of them and so happy for them.

After a fun filled week of shaving cream wars, water fun, and hanging by a beautiful river, it was time to go home. As we were driving through the mountains during sunrise, I was checking out the beautiful sky line. All of a sudden I spot a hot air balloon. That may seem pretty cool to see, but to me it meant so much more. Ever since I got baptised in the 7th grade I started seeing hot air balloons at every significant event of my life. I saw one at graduation of high school, during my grandma's funeral, and now this. This week has been one of the most life changing weeks ever. Once I saw it, I started to cry. Just when you think God has shown you the most amazing week ever he tops it with showing me with showing the hot air balloon. For some reason I see hot air balloons as a symbol of my faith, because the balloon seems to show up when I have a good significant even and a bad one.  I know it sounds funny, but I really think God is showing me that he's there and supporting me through the appearance of this balloon or all the other balloons.
This was such an enlightening week and I will NOT forget it.

1 comment:

  1. I love that rush after moments like that, after being uplifted by being surrounded by so many believers and knowing that you are there for one common purpose, to put your trust in God. :-) Just remember not to let that rush fizzle , let it flourish, thats the hardest part after camps and such.

    ReplyDelete