Monday, July 5, 2010

On the job hunt again...

So the bad news I got when I was at the Great Escape was that I didn't get the job at Francesca's. Kind of a bummer since I thought I was going to get it, but I didn't let it get me down. So I kept on moving and went to stores on the Saturday I got back and went on a job hunt.

All of a sudden another light on the end of the tunnel. I instantly got asked to come in to be interviewed. I was happy. Since it was at the store Motherhood Maternity I definitely thought I had a shot.
Well today was my interview. It went well. She just asked me a series of questions and I answered them. Then she told me what the job consisted of. AND that my friends was bad news. There is a store down in Petersburg that is in a Sears and everybody at the Short Pump location alternates to work down there. Petersburg is like 45 mins. from me on a good day. So I probably have to turn down this job if I'm lucky enough to get it. The second bad thing is, is that they aren't flexible with my soon to be school hours. This will bring me to my second rant......

If companies KNOW that they are going to hire college/ high school students, WHY IN THE WOOORLD ARE THEY NOT FLEXIBLE WITH THEIR HOURS?? That's what I want to know. This reason makes me PRAY that I get a job at my school. I applied for a lot of positions there. I'm just hoping that I get called back. I know my school will be flexible since I'm a student there. If I don't get a school job let's hope that I hear back from some other company that I applied to.

Another little note, I can see why people get so depressed and unwilling to go out to find a job. It's so depressing to keep on getting rejected one after the other. It just gets emotionally exhausting and soon as you know it you start saying, "What's the point of applying? I'm just going to get rejected. Or just not hear back from a place that I've contacted and called about my application." I'm trying not to get to that point. I'm trying to keep an open mind and stay positive, but it's hard....REALLY hard. I see everyone getting jobs but me. I can't help to think, "What the heck is wrong with me?"

2 comments:

  1. Just keep trying!Look on craigslist,try the banks maybe, you'll find something :-) We all have to go through the job hunt disappointments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is attempt number 2 at posting, lol. But all I can say is keep your head up. Maybe try craigslist or the banks? Everyone has to go through those job searching disappointments, but you'll find something . Just keep some faith <3

    ReplyDelete